mercoledì 17 febbraio 2016

A Mother Son Wedding Song (I'll Always Be Your Mother)

I'll Always Be Your Mother is a new mother and son wedding song that I wrote for my son's wedding in 2006.

When my son told me he was getting married, I knew I wanted to write a song for him and his new bride. My intention was to give him something special and personal. As I started to write the song, it became more obvious to me that it would be a wonderful song to be played at the wedding that he and I could dance to.

The focus of this mother and son song was not so much about him as a boy growing up. It was about his special wedding day and the start of his new life with his new bride. I wanted to welcome his new bride into our family as my new daughter and wanted her to know that we could always share his love. I wanted to let him know that I would always be there for him. I wanted my son to see his new wife as his best friend and that it's important to always be faithful to each other.

I wrote the lyrics for this mother and son wedding song and Jim McShane wrote the music. We recorded the song in a traditional version and played it at the wedding. It was beautiful to everyone, young and old, male and female. I was encouraged by so many people to publish the CD and make it available to others. So, with this encouragement, Jim and I also recorded a country version and released our single, recorded in both the traditional and country versions in May of 2007. The CD is available at  where you can view the lyrics and listen to a short clip of both versions of the song.

My new father daughter wedding song titled I'll Always Be Your Daughter was released in May 2008. My new wedding song is A First Dance Song (Two Little Words) was released in May 2009.

I am not only a proud mother of two boys and a daughter-in-law, I am now a proud grandmother of beautiful little girl.

Best wishes to all mothers & sons, fathers & daughters, and all parents on their special wedding day.

Lynn Leonti

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento